Black Belt Experiment Station
The Black Belt Branch Experiment Station primarily conducts research on row crops and pecans. It is located two miles northeast of Brooksville Mississippi, twenty miles south of Columbus on Highway 45 and thirty miles southeast of the Mississippi State University campus.
This experiment station was established by the Mississippi Legislature in 1946 on 655 acres of land purchased for that purpose. Initial research was conducted with beef cattle, row crops, forage, and pasture crops. In the early years research projects conducted at this experiment station included turkeys, broilers, milk production, studies on ewes, and egg production.